Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lots of Snow

Hooray! Finally, we got some real snow here in Raleigh! And it happened on a weekend too. Can it be more perfect than that?


All our previous plans - going to a Chinese New Year celebration at the Fairgrounds, to a friend's birthday party, to IHOP - been cancelled. Instead we had snow to play with, shovel and, of course, bring inside.



To warm up, we drank lots of tea and ate delicious black bean chocolate cupcakes (they were meant to be brownies, but I didn't have a 9x9 pan and there wasn't enough batter for my 11x8 pan).

And in the evening M insisted on staying upstairs in his room while I was cooking dinner (pasta with roasted butternut squash and kale - yummy!). I heard him talking to himself for a while about trains and toys and going far far away. Then Chris went upstairs to check on him (since M never EVER plays by himself for that long). Turns out, M was busy building this awesome train:

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Enjoy that snow.

    BTW, you won my Obama picture contest. I'll send you some craft magazines! Just email me your snail mail at janeclifflittle at yahoo dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Not sure if my comment stuck. You won my Obama picture contest. I'll send you the magazines asap! Please email me with your snail mail.
    janeclifflittle at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jane! This is so awesome! I can't wait to get the magazines and try some of the projects.

    ReplyDelete