Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Case for Organizing Everything

A couple of years ago I added Peter Walsh's How to Organize (Just About) Everything to my Amazon Wish List. And sure thing, someone (I think it was my brother) got it for me as a birthday gift.

Now, two years later, I still have the book and a very disorganized house. Now, I'm not a hoarder, except when it comes to books, of course. Nor do we buy much stuff (thanks in part to never being a truly dual-earner household).

But now, sitting in my toys-strewn family room, I'm ready to change things around BIG TIME. The problem so far has been not so much lack of time, as lack of constant effort. There are lots of unfinished and even un-started projects laying around cluttering the space. There's also stuff that we bought or made and ended up not using.

There's also lots of information clutter - books, magazines, bookmarks, starred items in my Google Reader, etc. So I'll be dealing with those as well.

And speaking of Google Reader. Today I went in, unsubscribed from some feeds and re-organized and re-tagged others. And I added my favorite and most inspiring family and arts/crafts blogs to the blogroll (in case you want to check them out).

No comments:

Post a Comment