Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What is Moebius Noodles



I really hated math when I was in school. Ever since that first word problem about 3 pipes filling a stupid swimming pool, it was boring and hard to understand. I tried to avoid it whenever I could.

Avoiding math was a miserable experience. And not the one I wanted for M. So I was excited earlier this year to take a course offered by my friend Maria Droujkova. The course was all about how to introduce math concepts to young children in a non-scary and highly engaging way. It is also about giving math-shy parents a second chance at succeeding at math.

In case you want to check out some of the games we played in the Moebius Noodles course:


And here's the link to more Moebius Noodles math games.

And now Maria is working on publishing a book and building a community around this novel idea of showing the non-boring, intuitive and fun side of math to both kids and parents. Does this sound like a great idea? If yes, then please support it by dropping a tip into Moebius Noodles tipping bucket and spreading the word. But please hurry since there are only 6 days left to raise the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment