Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Treats


How did you spend this year's Mother's Day? I'm going to take a moment here to list all the stuff I got to do:
  • Finished planting my veggie garden.
  • Went for an impromptu family picnic at the Lake Wheeler Park. Best thing about it was that I didn't have to cook. We picked up all the food at the Farmers' Market Seafood restaurant.
  • Went strawberry picking at the new field I found, Porter Farm.

And that was the first day of the Mother's Day weekend.

  • On Sunday the most wonderful thing happened - I got to sleep in. Yessss, until 9:30 am!!!
  • And then I was treated to a delicious breakfast of homemade French toast made with home-baked bread and also homemade chocolate dipped strawberries.
  • Plus I got a hand-made card and a little bouquet of flowers (they grow right by our front stoop) tied with a ribbon.
  • Oh, and I got a new pair of sandals (not home-made at all, but bought at the local DSW).

No comments:

Post a Comment